Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I know I don't usually post much text, but I'm just brimming with what God has shown me this morning. I was doing some serious soul searching and praying that God would reveal himself to me. I started looking up a few verses on prayer, and God just started hitting me with each one. The first one was I Samuel 12:23 " Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way." I knew that I didn't pray like I should, but I never, ever realized that it was a SIN not to!!!!! If each of us saw ceasing to pray as a sin and confessed it to God every time we failed would it change our pattern of praying? I hope so!!!!! The next verse I came across was Psalm 55:17 "Evening and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice." That means praying at least 3 times a day, and no, thanking the Lord for you food at mealtimes doesn't count! (that is, unless you use that time to cry out to the Lord aloud, but from my experience, mealtime prayers are a trite ritual) Also, David cried aloud to the Lord. Even in our personal prayer time, how many of us really cry out to God? I've always had plenty of things to pray for, but this morning I was to the point of crying out to my heavenly Father to change me; to make me like Him; to help me believe not only that He can, but that He WILL!
David believed with every ounce of his being that God would hear his prayer. Why don't we? Ah, it's the fear that maybe there is something in the way that might be hindering, but we're not sure what. Oh, but maybe what I'm praying for isn't God's will. Well, I've learned something in the last couple days, I'm making sure (through prayer) that there's nothing between my soul and the Savior, and then choosing to ask for one thing that I know is in alignment with His will, and now I've made a decision to believe. I believe with all my heart that God will do as I asked. I don't know when, or exactly how He's going to go about it, but I am confident that He has begun a good work in me, and that my request will part of His performing that until the day of Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

The Wells Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I learned same lesson last summer. I knew that I was not praying like I should. The director at the camp I was
working for let me borrow a book he owned,
The Practice of the Presence of God,by Brother Lawrence. It is a great book that I definitely recommend.=) It taught me that my prayer walk with my Savior was not just a time I set aside for my prayer time.My prayer walk is supposed to be my conversations with Jesus. I leaned that I can talk to him throughout the day...just as I would a friend. We talk to other friends throughout the day...I should talk more to Jesus-my best friend!=)
Thank you so much for your post. It was a reminder for me. Love ya!
VXW