Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Will His Work Be Finished?

I've been studying the subject of prayer, so I'm going through John 17 verse by verse. Today was on verses 18-19 and was just praying that the Lord would teach me. Oh how I was humbled!

18. "As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Why was Christ sent to the world? Definitely for a very specific purpose! Part of that was dying, but he was also sent to make His Father known to the world. He was sent to minister to the poor and the sick, he was sent to teach His disciples, and the list goes on and on. Christ tells His Father that He has sent us into the world, just as His Father sent Him. Other scriptures confirm that Christ sent us to this world to continue His ministry until He returns. The question is will His work be finished when He arrives? Christians in this day and in this country are not continuing Christ's work. They are following their own selfish desires, and living their lives for their own pleasure. We can't count on their help, so the job is up to us! If Christ's work is to be finished when He returns, we must each use every moment of our lives to continue the work that He sent us to do. My goal is to not only do my part, but to fill in every possible gap left by others. I can't do it all myself, but nothing is impossible with God. He will give me strength to do His work that I could never have of myself alone. If we are willing to do what He has asked, He will provide the way. Will we be found faithful?

No comments: