Friday, June 8, 2007

My Horses


This is my Quarter Horse/Mustang filly, Montana. She's almost two and has as good of temperament as any horse I've ever seen. I've ridden her quite a few times and I'm always amazed at how she takes everything in stride - literally! :-)










This little guy is named Buddy. I just got him a couple of months ago, and I'm doing some work with him before I sell him. He had some problems with a bad rider and got a reputation for bucking. He's been the easiest horse I've ever trained besides my Mustang mare, Essie(short for Estrellita).









Now for this scrawny little girl! I got Ebony in February just before we left for TN. She's 19 years old and has had a rough life, but she's just as spunky as ever. Given the right circumstances she can beat my 10 year old mare in a race. Of course, Essie is just now learning how to compete, and learning that the goal is to stay ahead of the other horse!








I've had Essie for 4 years now. Wow! She taught me how to work with horses and I would have been done a long time ago if it wasn't for her. When I first started riding I wanted to go FAST! (Who doesn't?) She knew I wasn't ready for that and she simply wouldn't go faster than she knew I could handle. She helped me tremendously after my accident(s) with Cowboy, because I always knew I could trust her no matter what happened!



That's your introduction to the horses that I have right now. I don't know how often I'll be able to post, but I'm going to try to keep up with the things that go on with them.

6 comments:

Three Sisters Blog said...

Your horses are so pretty!

{ jessica } said...

I like your layout!

Hannah said...

Thanks! I sure have a lot of fun with them! :-)

spyder-slayer™ said...

Wow you do a good job with your blog (the horses are nice also).

Hannah said...

Thanks Bret! I thought you didn't like horses/ LOLOLOL

spyder-slayer™ said...

I don't ever remember saying that "I didn't like horses", what I did say is that "I don't like the work that comes with them".