Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New Activities

I've been teaching Buddy to jump barrels, but he lacks the enthusiasm that some of my other horses have had. He thinks it's easier to jump his front feet over, and then step his hind feet! Not very impressive! We kept working with it though, and he's getting the hang of it.








This one's a little better - he's really going for it though he doesn't have the impulsion that Cowboy had. I really miss his jumping! :-(

























At least his feet cleared the barrel this time. He generally doesn't care whether his feet hit the barrel or not which is kind of irritating!











Here is his final jump. I'd like to perfect it more, but my round pen isn't closed in yet - more projects for the future! :-) I'm still trying to decide how I want to go about that.

No comments: